Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    General Administrator Cool Rides Online's Avatar
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Default How to Register(Join the Club) at CoolRidesOnline.net

- VIDEO TUTORIAL (1 min.) -

[YOUTUBE]MTRh1ZG2Zvw[/YOUTUBE]
    Step by step instruction:

1. From the home page of coolridesonline.net, click on "Join the Club" button
    2. Read through forum rules and agree to abide by our Forum Rules.
    3. Fill out all required field on the registration form*

* Your address and phone number will be used to contact you in the event that you are a contest winner. If you will be participating in our sweepstakes and contests please make sure all fields are filled out correctly.

For any questions or feedback about this video tutorial, please keep it within this thread

Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Default How to manage your profile page

- VIDEO TUTORIAL (2 min)-

[YOUTUBE]Bdu8oBGxsQ4[/YOUTUBE]
    Text tutorial:

1. To manage your profile page click on "My Garage" from the top menu
    2. Your Forum stats, Friends list, Personal Photo Albums, Groups List and your Profile Page Stats will all be on your right side. Click on the links there to edit or manage those stats.
    3. Under "About me" tab you will see pencil icons. You can click on those to edit specific information about yourself.
    4. Next to About me tab are other information you can manage such as visitor's message, statics, friends, and contact information.
    5. If you want to edit your personal details for your account, click on "Control Panel" at the top then on the next page click on "Edit Your Details". Some of these information are pre-filled from when you signed up for coolridesonline.net. You can edit or add additional info that weren't included in the registration form. *
    * Your address and phone number will be used to contact you in the event that you are a contest winner. If you will be participating in our sweepstakes and contests please make sure all fields are filled out correctly.

For any questions or feedback about this video tutorial, please keep it within this thread

Default How to create your personal photo albums

- VIDEO TUTORIAL (1 min.)-

[YOUTUBE]yGsdFQfkCyk[/YOUTUBE]
    Text tutorial:

1. From your profile page(My Garage) click on "My Personal Album" button
    2. Click on the link , "Click here to add an album and start uploading pictures".
    3. Add Title & Description for your album and make sure the Album Type is set to what you want. Private means only viewable to your friends and site Moderators. Public is viewable to anyone. Click Submit when you are done.
    4. Clicking on the link that says "Click here to upload pictures"
    5. Click on Browse button and locate the image file on your computer. Repeat the process and add as many images as you like. Click on "Update pictures" when you are done adding.
    6. You can now edit captions for your images. Captions explains the image you are posting and helps people find your image using search. Click "Save Changes" when you are done.

Default How to upload your ride to the Showroom

- Video Tutorial (2 min.)-
    [YOUTUBE]7rcgRJV77So[/YOUTUBE]
    Text Tutorial:

1. From your profile page(My Garage) click on "My Showroom Rides" button.
    2. Click on the link , "Upload picture".
    3. Choose an appropriate Showroom category for your ride. *
    4. Click on Browse button and locate the image file on your computer.
    5. Add a Title for your ride. We recommend Year, Make and Model of your ride as it makes it easier to search.
    6. Add description of your ride in detail. You can add stories or include all the mods made to your ride here.
    7. Fill out the rest of the field and click "Upload file".
    * You are only allowed 2 images per ride in the Showroom. Additional images will be moved to Misc. category or removed from the Showroom. Additional images can be uploaded to your Personal Albums.

Default How to upload your profile picture

- VIDEO TUTORIAL (30 sec.) -

[YOUTUBE]SH8r4I_8fbI[/YOUTUBE]

1. From your profile page(My Garage) click on the “Control Panel” link on the top left
    2. On the next page, click on “Edit Profile Picture” link on the left
    3. To upload your image from your computer, click on the “Browse” button and locate your image file *

* Your image file size must not exceed 100 KB or 100 by 100 pixels. For example, if you have an image that is 200 by 200 pixels but the file size is under 100KB then the image will be accepted. However, please keep in mind that profile image is set to 100 by 100 pixels so all larger images will be re-sized accordingly on your profile page.

Default How to post a Poll in the forum thread

- VIDEO TUTORIAL (2 min.) -

[YOUTUBE]5Di7-nTlwd0[/YOUTUBE]

1. Go to the forum you want to post and click on the “New Thread” button*
    2. Fill out the Title and Description of your Poll thread.
    3. Scroll all the way down and check mark where it says “Yes, post a poll with this thread”.
    4. On the next page you will fill out your Poll Question, options(max 15), Days to run the poll**and Misc. options.
    5. When done, click on “Submit new poll

* You must be logged in to post a Poll on the forum.
    ** The poll result will remain visible even after the poll is close

Default How to embed/post YouTube video on forum threads

- VIDEO TUTORIAL (2 min.) -

[YOUTUBE]iUt1Y7s3tO0[/YOUTUBE]
    1. Go to the forum and click on the “New Thread” button*
    2. Fill out Title and Description of your video.
    3. To embed the video click on the button from your editing toolbar. You should see a YouTube BBCode added in the text area.
    4. Go to YouTube.com, locate the video, click on the “Share” button to reveal the URL (http://...) and Copy it. (right-click then copy).
    5. Go back to your forum post and Paste the URL between [ YOUTUBE ] and [ /YOUTUBE ] like this:
    [ YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/iUt1Y7s3tO0[/YOUTUBE ]
    6. Delete http://youtu.be/ and leave the code that follows. Now your code should look like this:
    [ YOUTUBE]iUt1Y7s3tO0[/YOUTUBE ]
    7. When all is done, click on Submit.

* You must be logged in to post a Poll on the forum.

Default How to add Contacts and Friends

- VIDEO TUTORIAL (1 min.) -

[YOUTUBE]IRnu6A1paHM[/YOUTUBE]

1. From your profile page (My Garage) click on the “Control Panel” link on the top left
    2. From the left side-menu click on “Contacts & Friends”
    3. Start typing your friend’s Username in the search box. Smart search can help you find the correct Username as you type.
    4. Click on “Add Contact” or “Add Friend” to send a friend request to that user.
    5. You will see all your contacts with a check mark on their avatar. If you want to Remove a user from your list, un-check the box associated with their avatar and click the “Save Changes” button.
    6. To add your contact as your friend, simply check mark the friend box and click on the “Save Changes” button. A friend request will be sent to the user.

Achievements Stepping on the GasAt the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Featured Ride - December 2011CRO Featured Ride - June 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - June 2012

Hi Marcell - I have attempted to upload both a signature pic and a 'profile' pic.

I made sure they meet the size criteria (pixels as well as KB) but they still don't appear.

The appear when I open the links to 'preview/edit' but don;t appear when I post.

Is it because I'm a new poster? Or just a boogering it up somehow?
    I may not do it all right, but I'll do it myself the best I can - THATS HOT RODDING!

Achievements Stepping on the GasAt the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Featured Ride - December 2011CRO Featured Ride - June 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - June 2012

Well, I have the avatar now, so I'm just stuck with the 'sig' pic >.<
    I may not do it all right, but I'll do it myself the best I can - THATS HOT RODDING!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information