Cool Rides Online®
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Default How fast will a go-kart with a 3.5hp engine go?

Just curious -

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Fast enough to give ya gray hair! LOL Seems like all the Sta-bil racers would line up to give her a couple driving lessons. LOL Justa remember....Understeer is when you hit the garage with the front of the go-cart. Oversteer is when you hit the garage with the back end of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the garage N torque is how far ya move the garage. LOL Got it....GO
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Total weight with driver will have alot to do with it.

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Paging Rooster..........
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Exalted Member
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Egggzactly justa!

"How fast?" is never an easy answer.
    If it is just a little yard cart it shouldn't be real fast.

They always look faster when your kid is driving them!

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Egggzactly justa!

"How fast?" is never an easy answer.
    If it is just a little yard cart it shouldn't be real fast.

They always look faster when your kid is driving them!
    That was fast!!
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Exalted Member
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

LOL...Justa's post was the only one showing when I Replied, lol!

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Gtdhw View Post
    That was fast!!
    Had my grandkids up from FLA last Christmas. Gave them their 1st snowmobile experience. Was on pins N needles knowing sooner or later they were gonna nail em to see how fast they are. All went well, had a blast. Was gonna pack em up to head home N my daughter shows up N wants one quick spin before it hits the trailer. She grabs my helmet, makes a pass N when turning around to come back. Catches the ski on the snowbank jerkin the bars back into her chest, knockin the wind out of her N leavin a huge bruse that lasted for months. She wasn't going 5 mph, N to make it worse she's grown up on these sleds!!!!! Best parental advice Marcel....Helmet. If the carts a lil took quick for your liking. I've always taken a piece of Vacume line, cut it down the length. Then install on the acc/cable at the carb to limit full throttle movement. Can be cut down to give it more gas as the experience level rises. I used this on the sleds when the kids were real young. They could never figure out how I could go so fast. Justa pull the hose off N reinstall when its their turn! LOL
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Exalted Member

It is always important with kids to use all the safety gear, and not only for protection!
    Even minor incidents "hurt" less with the proper safety gear....
    I see way too many kids on bikes and go-carts wearing a helmet without neck protection. Even the inexpensive "neck rolls" offer alot of protection.
    The worst neck injury I have ever had racing happened when I was walking through the pits. I was wearing my helmet.....and CARRYING...my neck brace! I tripped over a jack handle that had fallen and even though I caught myself my helmet banged the ground and put a wrenching on my neck, I was sore for weeks!
    Helmets weigh alot, and especially on a young children where there head is less proportionately sized to their bodies, with any kind of speed at all at a sudden stop they can really give you problems.
    ANY Time you strap a helmet on, use a neck brace!

When a kid gets hurt wearing safety gear, they stop trusting the gear and many times they stop trusting their Parents.
    "Yard Carts" are great, but they offer less protection than racing vehicles. That doesn't mean you should not let your kids have one, but it makes Personal Protective gear that much more important!

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    It is always important with kids to use all the safety gear, and not only for protection!
    Even minor incidents "hurt" less with the proper safety gear....
    I see way too many kids on bikes and go-carts wearing a helmet without neck protection. Even the inexpensive "neck rolls" offer alot of protection.
    The worst neck injury I have ever had racing happened when I was walking through the pits. I was wearing my helmet.....and CARRYING...my neck brace! I tripped over a jack handle that had fallen and even though I caught myself my helmet banged the ground and put a wrenching on my neck, I was sore for weeks!
    Helmets weigh alot, and especially on a young children where there head is less proportionately sized to their bodies, with any kind of speed at all at a sudden stop they can really give you problems.
    ANY Time you strap a helmet on, use a neck brace!

When a kid gets hurt wearing safety gear, they stop trusting the gear and many times they stop trusting their Parents.
    "Yard Carts" are great, but they offer less protection than racing vehicles. That doesn't mean you should not let your kids have one, but it makes Personal Protective gear that much more important!
    :Thread:

Well put and will keep that in mind!

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information