Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Default Bunker Hill Dragstrip (7/30/11)

Left my Nikon and took el cheapo digital camera so please excuse the pics!

Thanks to Gtdhw for the invite and hospitality as well as for a hell of a race-day introduction!

I hear that white paper is good...

He walked away with a Wally in two different classes on the same night!!! Sorry, forgot his name :(

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Achievements At the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

The guy holding the Wally is Jim Harness,and he,s one tough customer.

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Nice pics. Is Bunker Hill a 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile strip?

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

used to be 1/4. Changed over to 1/8 in '87 IIRC.
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Surprised to see they still have steel guard rails.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Great shots........
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Achievements Checking the GaugesKicking the Tires

Those photos bring back memories when it was still a quarter mile, and a brake burner stop...lol... Last time I race there was in '75...in a old Vette...nice post... I have to go there soon...hopefully there are more on here as I see this is an old thread and I am the new guy..lol... I have test and tuned at Muncie, but Bunker Hill is just as close for me...anyone connected to Bunker Hill on here?
    Last edited by oledoc2u; 09-10-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by oledoc2u View Post
    Those photos bring back memories when it was still a quarter mile, and a brake burner stop...lol... Last time I race there was in '75...in a old Vette...nice post... I have to go there soon...hopefully there are more on here as I see this is an old thread and I am the new guy..lol... I have test and tuned at Muncie, but Bunker Hill is just as close for me...anyone connected to Bunker Hill on here?
    I'm a regular, and points racer in two classes. :smile:

Just got home actually.

Achievements Checking the GaugesKicking the Tires

Raced there for years. Used to be 1/4, then was changed to 1/4 for slower cars and then 1/8 in 87 for all classes. That was the last year I was there. Had a short shut down and even a 11-12 second car you were on the brakes hard. I know there is a video that Jim Hullinger had of Garlits racing there. That was when they still push started top fuel cars. My Wife and I have just started going there again as spectator. Sure got the blood flowing again and Wife wants me to get another drag car. Had been racing a winged sprint but it was getting too hard on these ole bones. Glad to be rid of it too!!
    I had a 69 Camaro then. One night I had a front brake drum break and barely got it shut down. Front wheels were off the end of the track when I stopped. Lots of Memories and made lots of friends there. Only know a handful of people there now. Some of the ones that are there now I raced with their dads.
    Last edited by Outlawracer; 10-08-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawracer View Post
    Raced there for years. Used to be 1/4, then was changed to 1/4 for slower cars and then 1/8 in 87 for all classes. That was the last year I was there. Had a short shut down and even a 11-12 second car you were on the brakes hard. I know there is a video that Jim Hullinger had of Garlits racing there. That was when they still push started top fuel cars. My Wife and I have just started going there again as spectator. Sure got the blood flowing again and Wife wants me to get another drag car. Had been racing a winged sprint but it was getting too hard on these ole bones. Glad to be rid of it too!!
    I had a 69 Camaro then. One night I had a front brake drum break and barely got it shut down. Front wheels were off the end of the track when I stopped. Lots of Memories and made lots of friends there. Only know a handful of people there now. Some of the ones that are there now I raced with their dads.
    Well this race was rescheduled due to rain. IT'S TOMORROW! Regular schedule today (Super Pro/Pro/Sportsman/Street Bikes)! Perfect weather, come on out and say hello!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information