Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Exalted Member
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Default 2011 Stabil Lawn and Garden Mower Racing Series National Points Standings

Top 10 in Points By Class as of 6/26
    Full results can be found : USLMRA Points

JP
    1 Johnmicheal Bell #497, Tn - 2400
    2 Hayden Martin #999, Mi - 2350
    3 Mariah Peeler #97, Tn - 2150
    4 Lauren Filos 43A, MD - 2100
    5 Wyatt Sulivan 06J, Nc - 2100
    6 Jacob Herrin 6A, Tn - 850
    7 Jordan Brown, Md - 800
    8 Jacob Kruzan 12k, Wi - 700
    9 Blake Balderson, Va -600

IMOW
    1 Chris Vanmaastricht #380, Mi - 2400
    2 Wally Bender #129, Md - 2300
    3 Pat Sullivan #006, FL - 2300
    4 Dawn Filos #43C, MD - 1900
    5 James Keech III #04K, Mi - 1800
    6 Kalif Massie , TN - 1750
    7 Tina accione, NJ - 1400
    8 William Campbell #179, Mi - 1350
    9 James Rece , WI - 1300
    10 Carol Vanmaastricht #381, Mi - 1250
    Last edited by Rooster; 07-01-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Exalted Member
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Default A/P

8.5 HP Briggs/ 10 Hp Tecumseh and smaller Flatheads

1 Wally Bender #129, Md - 2400
    2 Pete Sullivan #32A, NC - 2150
    3 Pat Sullivan #006, FL - 2100
    4 Tommy Hawley #08, Mi - 1400
    5 Ken Jones #6J, Il - 1200
    6 Dan Mongan #518, Il - 1150
    7 Tony Thompson #413, Il - 1150
    8 Joe Pearce #808, Fl - 1000
    9 Mathew Moran #99, Md - 950
    10 Daisuke Miyagawa, NY(Japan) - 900

The A/Prepared Class driver to watch I would have to say Is Tommy Hawley, Though 4th in points he is the only other driver besides class leader Wally Bender with multiple wins, he has the mowchine and ability to give Wally a run for it. Never to be counted out Pat" Rocketman" Sullivan and son "Re-Pete" are both crafty veterans of the class, if anybody can turn on a late season charge it is the Sullivan's. 5th in Points is K&N Sponsored Driver Ken Jones. Jonesy is debuting a new mowchine soon featuring a newer chassis design destined to put him onto more Checkers!
    Last edited by Rooster; 07-01-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Exalted Member

Default S/P

1 Jason Brown #003, Md - 2400
    2 Wally Bender #129, Md - 2200
    3 Michael Paccione #906, Nj - 2100
    4 Jackie Andrews #033, Md - 2000
    5 Richard Webb #108, Mi - 2000
    6 Matthew Strine #105, Oh - 1850
    7 Larry Benning #36X, Ks - 1700
    8 Dawn Filos #43C, Md - 1650
    9 David Martin #411, Mi - 1600
    10 Benare Davis #51, Ga - 1400

Had he not detonated his Ryker Racing Flatty on day 2 of Zion, 2009 & 2010 Driver of the Year Richard Webb would most likely be sharing "Racin'" Jason Brown's top spot in S/ Prepared! Dominating every thing he has entered until he decided his engine needed more ventilation, Rich is only 1 win away from a quad! Who is 2nd in Imow? Who is 1st in A/P? Who is 2nd ic S/P? WALLY BENDER, that's who! ..Wally has a pair of ace's and needs two more to take the big trophy home.
    How about a Hats off to my Cut Loose Racing Team Mate! Teddy Bear's sitting 7th in his "warm-up class"! Way to mow Bear!
    Last edited by Rooster; 07-01-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Exalted Member

Default C/P - The Mans Class!

20 HP & Under Flat Head twins & OHV Singles
    1 Micheal Paccione #906, NJ - 2300
    2 WIlliam Campbell #709, Mi - 2200
    3 Tom Hawley #179, Mi - 2100
    4 Pete Sullivan #32A, Nc - 2100
    5 Jacob Blackburn #j01, Tn - 1550
    6 Jon Lewman #M37, KS - 1550 - Can I get a Helllll Yeah!
    7 Thomas Flynn #448, Tn - 1450
    8 Jay Keur #47K, Mi - 1450
    9 Tommy Hawley #08, Mi - 1250
    10 Lee Grover #22G, Nj - 1200

In 10th spot sits Lee Grover with "Only" 1200 points, but thats a 100% average of 2 wins in 2 starts. Not to mentioned he put down reigning 2 time Champion "Re-Pete" Sullivan to get those wins. Sullivan is suprisingly winless as of yet, and no-one has triples let alone a quad in what has become the biggest Prepared class in the USLMRA. Sporting 32 drivers competing at national events, the C Prepared class is topped in entrants only by IMOW. This is the youngest class in the USLMRA in only its 6th year it has grown to be the most competitive class in the series. Without a single dominating driver this year the door is open for many to make a late charge at the championship. In Sparta Michigan we may well have 8 of the top 10 at one race!

Exalted Member

Default B/P

They call them Big Poppa's!
    V-Twins - Bust out the Benjamins Bro, you not only need 'em to build it, but these mowchines are hard on parts, hearts & wallets!

1 Jayson Mikula #4, Mi - 2350
    2 Ronald Rollman #522, Tn - 2350
    3 Jason Brown #003, MD - 2100
    4 James Mikula #14, Mi - 1950
    5 Larry Benning #36X, KS - 1900 The Bear is hungry & the Wintek is Back!
    6 David Martin #411, Mi - 1850
    7 Mike Bell #343, Tn - 1500
    8 Bob Cleveland #614, Ga - 1300
    9 Jamie Maurice #17A, Ga - 1300
    10 Rodney Peeler #397, Tn - 1200

Hmmm...Any surprise 5 time Champ Jayson Mikula is on top? The surprise is class rookie Ronald Rollman sharing the spot with him! Ronnie busted out 3 wins, starting the year undefeated on one of the best looking Mowchines on the circuit, then busted it up and rolled it leading #4 in Georgia! He got it put back together for Tennesee but 2 of the sports greatest, Jayson Mikula and Chuck Miller showed up and put a stop to Ronnie's Reign of Terror! In the tightest points battle, there is only 500 points from 1st to 6th in B/Prepared!

Exalted Member

Default F/X

465 CC max displacement single cylinder!
    Factory Experimental allows non mower carbs and tires and external engine mods.

1 Manuel Torres #01, Md - 2300
    2 Kevin Penne, Il - 2050
    3 Tony Hinson #16H, Ga - 1950
    4 Christopher Cox #509, Ga - 1700
    5 Wally Bender #129, MD - 1300
    6 Greg Honchell #52, OH - 1200
    7 Mike Miller #16F, Wi - 1150
    8 Mark Moran Sr. #33A, Md - 1150
    9 Dan Mongan #518, Il - 1100
    10 J.T. Shellnut, Ga - 1000

Again, no quads & no trips! Penne is setting 2nd with only 3 scores, which is a feat in itself, but NONE are wins! Thats right, Cooter hasn't seen a checkered flag this year! Command Sgt Major Manny has, and a pair of deuces puts him on top but another win by the fastest teacher on an ugly mower will move Chris Cox straight to the top!

Ohh, who is in 5th? WALLY BENDER! R U KIDDING ME?

Exalted Member

Default How it works

The USLMRA point structure is a little different than some of you may be used to. Having races all across the country they realize most drivers cannot make them all. Total points are figured off of your 4 best scores of the year going into finals. Finals are then added to that to determine the class champion.

Points are awarded as follows:
    100 points for Registering
    100 points for Starting a feature
    100 points for finishing a feature.
    So show up and don't brake = 300 points.

300 points for 1st
    250 for 2nd
    200 for 3rd
    150 for 4th
    100 for 5th

3000 points is a perfect season.

Exalted Member

This year is exciting!
    Ussually by mid season most classes have a driver or two "Quaded Out", meaning they have 4 wins and 2400 points, winning more races gains them no more points. However by now the leaders are usually chasing around trying to keep anyone else from getting wins, thereby padding their lead. Only 4 drivers have pulled quads this year, and very few have trips. With only 4 race weekends left, some folks had better get busy or we are going to Mowhio with a toss up in several classes! One of those weekends is a new track in Estacada, Or and it is highly unlikely any of those drivers will be competeing for championships, which cuts us back to 3 race weekends.
    Add to that, the last weekend of the regular season has 2 seperate national events on the same weekend. Which means twice as many points up for grabs!
    This year is a year to keep your eyes on the leader board, it is going to be changing frequently!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Thanks for the detailed breakdown Jon! How do you fancy your chances in the C/P class?

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Exalted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Manzano View Post
    Thanks for the detailed breakdown Jon! How do you fancy your chances in the C/P class?
    Wellllll, lol..been thinking alot about that.
    To take a shot at the championship from this point would take some doing, but is definitely not out of reach. There isn't a single guy in the top 10 I have not at some point put a mower in front of, so I know I have the machine and ability to do it.
    As well, the tracks that are left this season are the style I favor....that's big!
    I set my Goal this year to be top 5, and that is doable but will take more of a "safe" racing strategy from here on out. Last year as a rookie on the National circuit I finished 13th in the nation, in a class that had 32 racers I was happy about that. So a top 5 this year would be a great improvement and a worthy accomplishment!
    With Sparta next I now have a decision to make, If I am going to go for a Championship I gotta get with the race wins. To win National points races can get tricky, you have to take some chances. Taking chances means risking losing some places.
    Last year in Caledonia, Mn I was running 2nd and took a risky shot at a pass for a win....which ended up in the hay and a 6th place finish! Those 250 lost points and a DNF at finals cost me a top 10 finish for the year!

So still not sure what to do, protect my Top 5 standings, or go for the glory? Alot of times that decision is made during a race, and My year end strategy will most likely come down to what happens in Sparta. If at 5 laps to go I am in a position to win, I will most likely go for it. If I do pull a pair in Sparta, that will solidify my Top 5 and I can go to Tennessee and Ohio shooting for it all!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information