Cool Rides Online®
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Default Let's see some CLUNKERS!!!!

A lot of COOL Rides on the site, but for every nice ride you have a million nasty ones!

What is the WORST car you have ever owned and currently own?

The worst I ever owned was a 1981 Mercury Zephyr that I bought for $600...

It served me well for about a year until the breaks went out on me, the emergency brakes didn't work either, so I popped it in reverse and the rest is history...

(Not actual picture but pretty close, mine was Navy Blue between the rust spots)
    Last edited by Marcel; 06-16-2011 at 05:06 PM.

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

LOL^^^

My older brother and I both learned how to drive in my mom's '82 Faimount (same as the car you pictured), without her knowing it. It was Navy blue too, with 4 doors. We beat that poor car to death on country roads for over two years. It never once failed us, I actually miss that car.

As for me, this is probably the ugliest/crappiest vehicle I've owned. It's a beat up, almost worn out, ex-contractor, '95 Chevy that has seen better days. It's about to get a major mechanical overhaul/tune-up, but will most likely remain ugly..

Last edited by Gtdhw; 06-16-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Rookie
    Achievements Kicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Default The Donut Limo

The Donut Limo Story: http://donutlimo.netfirms.com/

One day in November, Keyson Airways decided to rid itself of the station wagon that had been sitting behind their building. Since some idiot broke a key (and screw) off inside the ignition, they were going to just have her towed away. That's when a group of unidentified college students stepped in to save her. Keyson, happy to be rid of her, handed them a title and told them to have fun. Not long afterward, with a little work, some ingenuity, and a battery donated from a 5.0L cousin she rumbled to life once again. At first she struggled along with some old gas, no power steering, no radio, no turn signals, and no windshield wipers. However, as time passed she was lovingly repaired by her loyal crew of donut crazed maniacs. Soon she had a CD player, and all of her other problems fixed. Half her grille was lost the first night to a shopping cart. The other half disappeared in a snowstorm and is rumored to still be somewhere on the Nashua Airport. She lurked dangerously in the Flight Center parking lot, waiting for the winter to come. It was in the snow that she found her true calling.

Weighing in at over 5500lbs, she became the Donut Limo. Her massive rear end could carry her in endless circles with even a minimal amount of power. She floated over the terrain, sliding at will, and eating up snowbanks. Snowplows feared her, college students embraced her. No one will ever forget Car-sledding. She must not have liked Mexidan, as she put him face-first into the back of a honda. One night, with 8 people comfortably cradled inside, she slid off perimeter road into a ditch. Not a small ditch, mind you. The kind that you could fall into and not be discovered for months. At first we were convinced the rear axle was broken in half. Fortunately, we discovered the strange angle was caused by the right rear wheel hanging from the suspension as it dangled over the ditch. The Marquis sat on its differential cover, refusing to budge. It eventually took 3 tries with a blazer to pull her free. And yet she soldiered on.

How many cars could take this kind of abuse? She taught us that cars will overheat in 15 degree weather if you pack the engine compartment with enough snow to stop the fan. She taught us that not even the giant snowbanks at the airport could hold back 5500lbs of pure American refinement. The Arena never knew what hit it. 2 foot deep ruts were commonplace, and mud was everywhere. In her prime, she had a thick coating of mud both on her roof and under her hood. She once sank so far into the mud that an F-250 was required to extricate her.

However, all good things must come to an end. (Or so it's said) It was perhaps her ultimate upgrade that led to her eventual undoing. One afternoon some of the aforementioned unidentified college students dug out an old air horn they'd had laying around. The tools were broken out, and they eventually came to reside on her hood, next to the mercury logo hood ornament. Around this time she also gained a pair of hood-scoop-fins. Painted in a high-visibility aircraft paint labeled "Go Green", they provided a touch of outlandish class. The DWC campus was suddenly exposed to the Donut Limo. Before, she could only be spotted during her brief "campus runs" in the snow. Her raspy exhaust note and the soft slippage of rubber across ice and snow were the only indications she was there. Now, she proudly announced her presence with a horn loud enough to wake the dead. (Or wake college students at 3am on a tuesday) She got confused and intrigued looks from passers by, as well as an almost constant "What the?" sentiment. DWC campus safety began to get increasingly frustrated at their failures to catch her. Then one day, It all came to a crashing halt, like a civic hitting a brick wall...

It all started when someone reported seeing the Donut Limo go by on the back of a flatbed. A quick check of her parking space revealed that it was true. She was gone. The Nashua PD had made off with her in the early morning hours. A stern warning came later from the pigs, that either the Donut Limo had to go, or someone was going to jail. The fun had to end, but the legacy of the Donut Limo will live on. Before she was retired, everything of value was taken for future use elsewhere. Though the Donut Limo is gone, parts of her will live on.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Badlanding View Post
    The Donut Limo Story: http://donutlimo.netfirms.com/
    That is PRICESLESS!!!!

[youtube]4jZj_ZLGYKI[/youtube]

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

There has to be more than two people here with clunkers!

Don't be shy, POST "EM UP!
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information