Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Exclamation 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour - 7 Cities in 7 Days - FL~MI June 4-11

For the 17th consecutive, the HOT ROD Power Tour returns. This rolling tribute to the performance car is the ultimate gearhead roadtrip. With seven days in seven cities, we kickoff June 4th and spend the next week driving and bench racing through the south on our way to The Motor City.

I'll be attending this one myself - Will be my 3rd year going!

Long Haulers! Don’t forget to visit the CoolRidesOnline.net and STA-BIL booth to get your Long Hauler card stamped and your free gift!

Saturday June 4
    Cocoa Beach, FL Port Canaveral

Sunday June 5
    Valdosta, GA South Georgia Motorsports Park

Monday June 6
    Montgomery, AL Montgomery Motorsports Park

Tuesday June 7
    Nashville, TN LP Field

Wednesday June 8
    Indianapolis, IN Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Thursday June 9
    Muskegon, MI Downtown Muskegon

Friday June 10
    Detroit, MI Metro Beach Metropark

Saturday June 11
    Detroit, MI Long Haulers Ceremony (Location TBD)

Part of the 2011 Engine Answerman Tour!
    Last edited by Marcel; 04-07-2011 at 09:22 PM.

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas

Thumbs up Long Haulers

Here's a sneak peak at the concept art for the Long Hauler gifts from Cool Rides Online!

It's an 8-piece tool box magnet and you get each piece in the appropriate city. You'll need to hit all 7-cities to complete the full set.

Rookie
    Achievements Kicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Great! The magnets are one of my favorite things from power tour. Thanks for being a sponsor. It's one of my favorite things to do.

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

I am hoping to hit it when it comes to Indy. But with being in weekend points racing, every weekend is extremely valuable. Very sweet magnet!
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Blog Entries

Achievements Kicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

I'm gonna try to hook up for a bit while it's in GA.
    PeachState Vanners
    South East Van Council
    http://picasaweb.google.com/CatFish1111

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

I've never been on the Power Tour, but have seen them make a stop at Arlington Park race track near Chicago a few years back. At lot of cool cars for sure!

Blog Entries

My buddy (Sonny, taking a recently finished 67 Chevelle) is leaving tomorrow with his car club friends to FL and I'm flying in on Friday morning --- looking forward to it.

I "think" we'll have an opportunity (as event level sponsors) to get on stage a few times and give some goodies away...

I'm thinking gas/gift cards, Cool Rides Online apparel and some product but I think it'd be cool to ask a riddle and first to answer it correctly while we're on stage gets the freebies...

You guys know any good automotive riddles? Or just maybe generic riddles?

Blog Entries

Here we go!!!

(It's too early in th AM....)

Blog Entries

Default Ouch!

I'll post some pictures a little later when I get my laptop out. Using my phone to post this now.

Having a good time so far but this is a lot of work! Kevin & I in lew in Friday @ 1pm and got our rental (2011 Hyundai Genesis)... then drove to Cocoa Beach to get our rooms. It was still early so we went to take a jog on the beach and then jumped in the water afterwards.

We only lasted a few minutes in the ocean because we noticed hundreds of little Jellyfish!!!

So we jumped in the hotel pool instead. Then we got ready and went to eat @ the pier, food wwas OK.

Saturday morning the Show started and we went to get breakfast at 7am. We went to the Waffle House and believe it or not it was our first time @ a Waffle Hopuse... EVER

Food was awesome and then went to port Canaveral for show @ 8am. It was HOT!!! And very busy. The show was set up sort of like a maze and the cars were parked a little out of the way and pretty far from the vendors and the main stage. There were also fences between aisles making it harder to get around. So there was less foot traffic by our truck then previous years but that doesn't mean low traffic. This show is still super crowded even on a slow day.

Peoplw were really happy to see that we were giving a Magnet set this year and told us how much they like the MSD magnets every year and hope we make this a tradition like they have.

A lot of people make it a point to get their magnets every year from MSD Ignition and we asked them to let people know they can get a 2nd set from us. Chris and the rest of the guys were very nce to offer to send people our way.

I didn't get time to make it on Stage Saturday but I may go on Sunday and give stuff away.

We took the booth down @ ~6pm and then took off to Valdosta, GA. Kevin & I stopped @ Denny's for a quick dinner and then arrived at Valdosta ~11:30pm. I got on the site real quick to check in and delelte some spam (sorry about this, you should see changes in the next day or two to stop spam).

Woke up this morning @ 6am to go to the gym and get a work out. Ended up running 3 miles. Then Kevin picked me up @ 8 and off to the Waffle House again!!!! Love it!

Got to the South GA Motorsports Park ~ 9:30 and we helped Bobby set up the booth. Just finished up right now and we have like 1 hour to rest before the Cars from the Tour start rolling in....

I know this was a long play-by-play but I thought it'd be cool to write a summary (diary? Lol) of what the HRPT is like from the sponsors' perspective. Hope you guys liked the write up and would really love to see you at one of the stops if you can make it out!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information