Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Question Question to you Camaro experts

What are the major differences between 1967, 1968 and 1969 Camaro?

1. Appearance differences (Headlights, tail-lights, panels, etc....

2. Models and packages available? RS/SS, Convertible, etc...

3. Average price difference of the base model for each (current price) assuming they are in similar condition.

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

THOSE are some loaded questions!!...and I simply can't type that much! People write complete books to answer these questions, but here are the main pointers......

1) '67 & '68 have the same body lines (wheel well arches are rounded over the wheels) and look a lot alike. Differences in appearance include.....

* '67's have vent wing windows/ '68's do not
    * '67's have side marker lights/ '68's do not
    * '67 non RS cars (you can see the headlights) have round turn signals in the grille/'68 non RS cars have rectangle turn signals in the grille
    * '67 tail lights are one rectangle lens in a bezel/'68's have two lenses (or look like two) with a bar down the middle to separate the two lenses

These are the main appearance differences that will help you spot a '67 from a '68.

69's have totally different side profile body lines. The wheel well arches being flat above the front/rear wheels is the biggest, noticeable difference. It really changes the car and makes it look longer, IMO. The next easiest thing to spot, is the '69 is also the only one to have vents (although completely fake and for looks only) in front of the rear wheels. Depending on the trim package, they were either bare indents, or they had a chrome bezel/trim on them. '69's have no vent wing windows, do have side marker lights, and the tail lights are wider, with three sections. '69's also have square based instrument clusters on the dash, while '67/'68's have round instrument clusters. The '69 is still considered a first generation Camaro, but IMO, should be it's own generation. it's just different enough, to not be the same.

2) If I'm not mistaken, RS, SS, RS/SS, Z28, RS/Z28, and convertibles, were an available option for all three years . '67/'68 RS grilles look a lot alike, however, the '69 RS grille has completely different looking headlight doors (three bar look).

3) The value is based on what someone is willing to pay and rarity. If they are all optioned the same, the market is about the same for all three years (nowadays, pure nuts $$).

There are many small differences year to year with these cars. But you will have to do a lot of research to know them all (like factory big block '68's had a flat black rear panel where the tail lights are, instead of being body colored), but hese few guidelines will get you on your way.

Show me what you've learned, and tell me in order, what year the Camaro's are that you posted.

ETA: The real fun begins when you know all the small differences, and then be able to spot errors on current builds and at car shows, lol. RS clones/tributes are usually the funnest....

Here in a couple weeks, I will have completed the 8 year build of my brother's '68 RS/SS clone. I will post tons of pics, and they will help you understand a little better. We wanted his to be 100% correct, so I have studied these differences in full detail over the last 10 years. It's nothing short of amazing just how much small things, like trim, badges, & badge location come into play.

Here is a before pic........and a close-to-done after pic for a teaser.

Last edited by Gtdhw; 03-21-2013 at 01:43 AM.
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresChecking the Gauges

'67 Standard Grille/Front End...

'68 Standard Grille/Front End...

'69 Standard Grille/Front End...(Notice the turn signals were moved from the grille, to under the bumper, in the valance. The sides of the grille are also recessed more than '67/'68's)

'67 Standard rear tail lights

'68 Standard tail lights

'69 Standard tail lights

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting Line

Post Wow!!!

I think I know who I'm bringing with me when we go Camaro shopping!

I'll remember to bring a loofa for you...:birds:

Blog Entries
    Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasChecking the GaugesAt the Starting LineBuckling Up
    Awards CRO Blog ContributorCRO Member of the Week

Question lets not forget the YENKO/ SC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3020050.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	14564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3020054.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	14565though not a production car? ,there were also some YENKO models ,out there and very rare ,i believe they were modified at YENKO Chevy? i am sure someone will chime in with more info on them,, here is one that was at the buffalo show that i was in the beginning of the month,, and could not believe there were even some corvair yenko"s i never saw one before ,and it was all documented too,, the camaro has to be worth a bundle??

Quote Originally Posted by 23t-bucket View Post
    though not a production car? ,there were also some YENKO models ,out there and very rare ,i believe they were modified at YENKO Chevy? i am sure someone will chime in with more info on them,, here is one that was at the buffalo show that i was in the beginning of the month,, and could not believe there were even some corvair yenko"s i never saw one before ,and it was all documented too,, the camaro has to be worth a bundle??
    Yenko, Nickey, Baldwin-Motion, & Berger, (all of which top the collector market $$ for Camaro's, and only topped by the coveted COPO's) were all dealerships that would take a standard Camaro, stuff a BBC in it, then sell it off the showroom floor as new. Baldwin-Motion guaranteed an 11 second car. If you took it to the strip, and it didn't deliver on the promise, they would send a tech out to wrench on it until it did. Baldwin-Motion also just happens to have produced my favorite Camaro of all time...

Nickey is still around, and back at it.. Berger as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gtdhw; 03-22-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Motion also offered, and Guaranteed 10 sec. 1/4 mile ETs with their small block Vega...or they would buy it back! ...again...

Blog Entries

Default Vega

That's a cool little Vega

Thread Information